Sep 29, 2004

for taehyuna, chadl2, & calthaer

Reasons I have resisted having a blog, despite the urging of so many - including the people to whom this is dedicated:
1. The more of you read this, the fewer of you I can write about. :)
2. I don't want to offend anyone
3. I don't want strange people to read and track me down. (I can see calthaer saying: "just don't reveal your real name, location, school, etc. not any personally identifiable information!")
4. The pressure of being entertaining!
5. I don't want friends to stop e-mailing or calling me just because they can read what's up in my blog (TIM!)

Reasons I'm finally doing it:
I noticed all reasons above have to do with fear.

And so to it I say: no more.
I'm not as naive as to think fear will disappear. It'll still be there.
But I won't run the other way anymore.

Who knew that such triviality like blogging can help me realize this?

say farewell to the confines of my own backyard
weeds growing round the flowers
sometimes the only way to break the curse
is to leave it all behind
- over the rhine

No comments: