I turned on the radio to an oldies station to serenade me while eating breakfast. The DJ came on to announce the playlist and I thought: hey, he has an accent. Oh wait. Of course he does. Duh!
It's winter here down under. I busted out my sweaters and jackets (some of them newly bought to update me to 2007) this morning to brace the weather outside: intermittent rain and wind, and 12 degrees (celsius!). People say this is the worst winter Melb has seen. But yesterday, my first day here, the sun was shining all day, as if to say, Hello, Don't worry, The sun comes out sometime, See?
When I first moved away to a 4 seasons locale, my mother said: "You'll like it. You'll feel really small in the midst of it. And you'll like it."
There's a time for rain and a time for sunshine.
And a time to get off my butt and go outside!
3 comments:
I'm so excited for you to be there! Take pictures!
layer them up. sunnies and hoodies altogether. brace the wind and embrace the not-so-often-sunshine. walk the streets, listen to the tram bells and hear the train roars far behind. say cheers... good on ya' mate! welcome to my town!
By the way, that comment about the dj reminds me of when I was in Europe last year and I heard all these kids speaking Finnish or Czech. At first I thought -- WOW what smart kids, but then realized -- oh yeah, they're from here!
Post a Comment