I forget this about LA, that in the summertime I get half-baked: I'm darker on the left side than on right, because of how the sun hits when I drive.
And besides the usual, top-of-mind eateries like In N Out, Pinkberry, and Chipotle, I rather like: Versailles, Good Stuff Burgers (I'm partial to the one on Olympic and Bundy - much better zucchini fries than the other locations), Cafe Laurent, Baja Fresh, and many many more. And one doesn't have to spend a lot to eat well.
Also, because of the sizable Asian population here, every ethnic group/nationality claims me as their own. Koreans think I'm Korean, Chinese think I'm Chinese (which would be sort of correct), and so on. It's fun.
That girls size other girls up. They eye you from top of head down to your toes and up again.
That people here are so good looking. It's kind of ridiculous. It makes me both giddy (hello, eye candy) and depressed (great, I'm like in the 20th percentile).
That the sand gets really really hot. And I can get really burnt.
That the summer mornings greet me in haze, the days cheer me with the sun and the breeze, and the evenings cool.
But I don't forget this: I love this city.
1 comment:
20th percentile? You don't actually believe that, do you?
Real talk: 80 or above. 90s when you dress up.
Post a Comment