I love traveling. I do. I really do. I like taking photos, eating local foods, meeting residents and fellow travelers, seeing and touching beautiful old or new artifacts, listening to the noise and music of the locales. But I can really do without the getting in planes, showing my passport, waiting in line, checking and claiming baggage,...
In 10 days I leave for Europe. Super excited, because I've only been to 3 countries and only when I was not yet old enough to seek my own adventure. I hope to be posting pictures and observations on my travel blog, or here, so keep an eye out. I say this because I have more motivation if I have an audience anticipating updates.
And in thinking about my forthcoming adventure, I think of my grandpa, who passed away a few weeks ago. For a man I hardly knew and who hardly knew me, he gave me such confidence when he christened me an adventurer. I don't fancy myself as one, but when the usual fears and worries about life (and travels) come rushin' in, I recall that moment with my grandpa and grab hold of it, hoping it was and is and will be true.
That is a long-winded way of saying: I'm gonna be on the road again. Would love it if you could join me.
2 comments:
I await your writing!
I'll join you from remote locations on the planet. :-)
Post a Comment