Aug 18, 2005

End of topic

Recent happenings make me think that maybe I should read this. Hehe. Not sure if it will improve or worsen my attitude on dating/men/lack thereof. Shrug.

I promise (and sure do hope) this is the last post on this particular chain of events. Hope it's fun for you - it actually was for me, too. In that bittersweet, I've-learned-my-lesson sort of way.

Ladies, don't believe what guys say. Believe in what they do.

(You'd think I'd know this already - but it's rough. I'm a sucker).

And funny enough, that is actually, in principle, very Biblical. I swear I wasn't trying to justify myself. :)

You realize, I hope, that this doesn't mean I am slamming the men-folk. If anything, my encouragement is to shape the way women evaluate men. Maybe women will start to value actions and character over pretty words, empty promises. Then maybe nice guys won't finish last.

Here's to the uphill battle.

8 comments:

ucla99 said...

if all he's made of is pretty words and empty promises, then you're much better off without him. there's many more fish in the sea. although that's what people have been telling me all my life and i'm starting to wonder where the fish are hiding. maybe i need to learn to swim better.

Anonymous said...

any guy can talk the talk.......
some guys can walk the walk.......
very very few guys can fake it when placed in a competitive environment. Watch how he is when things get heated up. For a lot of guys, watch them play physical sports and you'll see their deepest colors come through. if not sports, there's probably something he's good at and gets competitive with....

TheNeedyMother said...

"He's Not that Into You" is written by someone who seriously needed to get over some pain. I know this, cos, er, a friend of mine told me. This friend also commented on how wry and funny it was. Sadly, this friend read it with another friend and their woes multiplied when their attitudes turned into bitterness. It was fun, though.

I say go find yourself a nice guy who doesn't mind jazzercising in public. That's someone who is self-forgetful and interesting!

Anonymous said...

American Christendom - over and above the culture at large - has the whole idea screwed-up. I Corinthians 7 has hit me recently and is becoming the basis for a secret plan that will soon transform everything for all the single people who live between (including) Washington, D.C. and NYC. Of course, am getting to talk to lots of cool people in the process of world domination.

Anyways, that aside - I've always been a fan of the following precepts:

#1 - be the kind of Christian you're looking for

#2 - don't lower your standards on the non-negotiables

#3 - figure out what is really non-negotiable

maybe fae here would add:

#1a - watch out for the jerks

which is a good corollorary to #1 and #2

Anonymous said...

whoops that last comment was calthaer. i should get a blogspot login sooner or later, but meh. more passwords.

Anonymous said...

p.s. and re: amt's comments - there most definitely are a lot of fish in the sea is what i'm finding...but for some reason the fragmentation of Christendom makes it seem like there are only a few.

maybe i should learn to say all my comments @ once. - cal

Anonymous said...

but the point was - if the precepts are followed, and if one seeks first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, then the rest of it will generally fall into place. we will not be "missing out," or "lacking" something if we are finding our fulfillment in Him, if we have "learned the secret of being content in every and any situation"

Faetryn said...

wait. calt: only between DC and NYC? how bout some love for the pacific and everwhere in the middle!!