It does rain here in SoCal. Last winter showed that it can, and a lot. But the droplets are skinny. Where I come from, the drops are fat. And the drops drop so fast and hard. I don't really know why.
So that's the weather update.
And in other news:
- "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller. Excellent, fresh read on Christian spirituality. I was skeptical at first. Contemporary Christian writers don't usually meet my expectations (perhaps b/c I'm spoiled by the greats like Lewis and Chesterton), but Miller's honesty, mirth, and wit won me over. Man. I found myself wanting to re-read it just as I finished it. It will remind you of Lamott's Traveling Mercies. Read it. Read it.
- Sufjan Stevens' Illinois album. I'm addicted!! Can't stop playing this thing! All the reviews I've read were not lying!! I know why he's Susan's boyfriend! Quirky, brilliant, vast sound-scapes; don't ask me about the lyrics because I don't really listen to lyrics. But "Chicago" is my fave track so far - probably b/c of the chorus. Yes. A chorus.
- I'm going to see Interpol tonight. V. excited.
- I'm going to see The Killers and Death Cab for Cutie soon too. Yah!
- My hair is getting so long.
- Pita chips - the cinnamon kind from TJ's. Addicted to those too. My co-workers turned me onto it. Darn them.
- Work is good albeit still busier than I'd like to be.
2 comments:
If you like Blue Like Jazz, you should pick up Searching for God Knows What, also by Miller. I went to his church, Imago Dei, this weekend in Portland.
Sorry for not calling you back -- I owe you a ring...
Yay to you for supporting live music!
You go girl!
Post a Comment