Sep 30, 2005

Getting used to it

I'm sick. I usually get sick intermittently through the winter. I should be used to it by now but it still sucks.

I found myself awake in the middle of the night trying to shut out stressful thoughts. Life has many crossroads. You'd think I'd be used to it by now. I've had to agonize over decisions before. But each crossroad I come to I fail to be thankful. After all, doesn't it mean my life is about to get even more interesting? That at least there are choices?

I'm reminded about what Pastor Erwin said once. The most spiritual act is making a decision.

Oh no. I think I felt the weight of that.

Okay, onto lighter things. I had the best sushi last week. Unfortunately it's also very pricey. I won't be coming back often. The atmosphere of the place is, to quote Sindy, too "foo-foo-la-la." And you know, I don't mind foo-foo-la-la-ness or hole-in-the-walls - so long as the fish is good. And it was. Damn good.


Sigh. It's hard not to get used to being wined and dined in expensive places. Don't get excited, it wasn't a date. It was a work thing.

1 comment:

David Samuel Sandler said...

good luck on the decisions!
glad the sushi was enak-enak!
I'm probably going to stay another year. That was a long decision, whoo boy!