My co-worker JC and I have a certain MO for our IM conversations. This came about because one day I got tired of replying "yes" or "yo" that I started being random and type whatever object comes to mind. Wheel. Bamboo. Toothpaste. Yet somehow, JC always came up with animals... so I complied. No more random objects, just random animals. A typical chat would be like this:
JC: Yo
me: jellyfish
JC: oh, that's good. real simple.
me: thanks.
me: you wanna talk about that report?
JC: yeah.
and off we go about boring work stuff.
But oh, have we covered them all. Lemur. Tigers. Meerkat. Komodo. From the extinct to the exotic to the domestic. Soon after, my other co-worker JZ caught wind of this. So sometimes I get it from him too. It becomes a mini-competition, to see if I can come up with the most random.
Another habit that comes around is sending each other pictures of weird animals. Google is a dangerous pastime.
From time to time there is no life lessons to be learned. But I've been introduced to a lot of animals in the last few months. For instance, I didn't even know there's an animal called Gibbon?!
2 comments:
duh! how can you not know what a gibbon is?! haha...j/k...don't know that either. just read something from national geographic, an extinct elephant ancestor called the stegodont, to add to your random animals. sounds like one of those transformers.
koala
Post a Comment