Jan 8, 2006

The grass is green here

Hello and Happy New Year!

I haven't had the urge to write lately, not on this platform anyway. I decided to save you from an entry on my Top 10 movies, books, albums and moments from 2005... lucky us! But I will tell you this one.


People have asked me about resolutions and goals. I tell ppl that I don't really make them. But I usually create a sort of theme or topic that I will be delving into. Two years ago I started with Wisdom, simply because I desire it. I looked into the Holy Scriptures, into my heart, into people's hearts (well, not really, but via their actions) to meditate on the idea of Being Wise. Last year it was Humility, because by then I realized that in order to be a wise person (by God's standard) I need to humble myself, so that He can teach me things that only He can.

I know, I know. It sounds kind of ambitious but bear in mind it doesn't mean that I AM wise and humble by the end of it. But I can definitely say I have insights into God and into my own psyche (and therefore to others') that I didn't have before. And perhaps these insights will come in handy somewhere, sometime.

This year, it is clear as can be that I need to theme it Contentment. You know I've always been a "the grass is greener" type of person. Not in a good way. You might read about this journey (or hear, as in the case of my in-town friends) from time to time. So bear with me - and dare I say: I hope enjoy it?

No comments: