You hear the conductor yell out destinations - the station you just stopped at, the place you will be going to soon. I find it comforting; someone knows where we're going.
You're not 2 inches away from a dude who's 250 pounds and taking up half of your shoulder space.
More leg room.
Okay, so for international flights and in superior airlines like Singapore Airlines you get 50 movies on demand and a lot of video games.
But have you noticed, planes are unbelievably loud your headphones have to be turned up so high?
I'm definitely a train kind of girl. Too bad you can't take the train across oceans.
The east coast typically affects me this way. I'd forgotten how effortlessly I fit in that landscape. I may live in the west (and loving it) but in my heart of hearts I will always be looking to the East.
More of my recent travels later...
4 comments:
interesting you talk about trains...
i had a good chummy chat with my dad a few weeks ago as he always wanted to take a train ride with me.
i think i'm going to book us on amtrak for a ride up to sf.
i'll show you some pix after we get captivated by the scenic west coast.
You can't travel across oceans? How about underneath them? Try the subways in Hong Kong. Also between London and Paris is a good train that traverses the English Channel.
Cal, I've always viewed you as an East Coast girl... well maybe I'm biased because I'd like you to be closer, hahahahaha!
I do love the train. Meet you at Auntie Anne's!
i prefer fast automobiles
Post a Comment