One friend said: "I take deep breaths." He then demonstrated. Inhaaale.... exhaaaleee... "Then I do it again throughout the day. Glad I found my own little thing. It helped me."
Another said: "I blast on worship music, lie on the ground, I cry, sing along,... " she trailed off. "Then I preach to myself: It's protection, not rejection. It's protection, not rejection."
So, good people, please weigh in: What has helped you through the agony of a break-up?
No, seriously. I'd like to know. I need to know.
Curious to see what you'll say. (Despite the title, if there are boys among you please feel free to contribute).
But don't say time because even though it's true you'll sound cliche.
And don't say cry either because I got that down.
5 comments:
Recommended prescription, though the efficacy is different for each individual:
1. A fab haircut
2. Modified crying: cry while holding a dog or a cat (Bailey might be able to help). For some reason fluffy fur always helps me. And they are the best listeners.
3. Good coffee (though perhaps decaf, so that you don't stay up all night thinking) and good live music.
4. Write a song (or poetry if that's what you're into). Make it as sad or mean or funny as you feel like. No holds barred. Show it to a friend if you're comfortable. That helped me.
Non recommended prescription, though the immediate efficacy is tried and true:
1. Practice: break up often. After a while you just shrug it off. You can see why this is not recommended.
2. Rebound: nothing better than kissing a handsome lad. The long term effect will be brutal though, therefore not recommended.
I like the suggestions above. I was just going to go with retail therapy! Money permitting of course...
Eek! Only ever having one boyfriend, I don't have a lot of advice to impart...other than keep rockin', Fae! You're an awesome woman!! Dance around to REALLY loud music in your living room! Run around in the rain outside! Scream as loud as you can!
I hope you're okay!
Throwing yourself into other things, even if you don't want to. Basically anything that occupies the mind and body, whether that's work, going out with friends, reading, movies, exercising... It worked for me, at least.
*hugs*
I became a Christian. Sorry, I guess that doesn't help you.
MC
Post a Comment