Dec 17, 2008

According to my brother

I find the Twilight rage rather annoying. Now, I caveat this by saying, I haven't read the book or seen the film. I don't believe that one must see/experience/try something before forming an opinion about it, especially when it comes to films or books. We're busy folks and there's a lot of stuff out there, so we try to select films or books that appeal to us, based on reviews or marketing or whatever method or source we trust. I'm totally not interested in the franchise and even quite disturbed by its popularity, based on a lot of things I've read and heard about it, from people who have read the book or seen the film.

The best review yet came from my brother. First of all, if you know my brother, you would be surprised, like I was, that he even saw the film. Brother is far outside the demographic nor the type. He's a dude's dude. A military school alumnus, a chemical engineer, an athlete. Alright, so he watches Gossip Girl but it's 60% for the lead chick who is hot and the rest for the funny soapy drama of it. Okay, mayybe 70% for the hot chick. (I actually enjoy the show, too). In seeing Twilight he blamed his best friend who allegedly dragged him, but I suspect there was a female involved in the outing, too.

So I said, "How was it?"
He said, "Awful," shaking his head, "Man, just so bad."
"How awful?"
"Why does a vampire glitter in sunlight? What the hell? Glitter?! I said outloud in the theater, oh are you kidding me?!"

There ya go.

1 comment:

sin said...

did he really, actually, say that outloud? hilarious. and awesome. i don't know what the hype is all about. never heard of the book until the movie came out.