The other day, I saw a cabinet filled with a tape player, an FM/AM tuner, an equalizer, a receiver - ah, so very 70s/80s, manual and analog! I assume they were my father's. What elegant pieces, I thought, not a high-end maker, surely, but knobs and buttons are manual - no remote control attached, and a decent chrome-color finish that seals that look. Dated but elegant nonetheless. Sturdy, as if when they were built they were expected to last 20-30 years. Who makes stuff like that anymore? These days our technological apparatus is made to become obsolete in 2-3 years. Why? (Rhetorical)
On top of the cabinet, there is a record player and - this is the point of my blog - on its lid there is a sticker. It cracked me up.

One guess as to which kid (out of 3) put it there.
(Not me - too masculine - and not my baby brother - not his era).
3 comments:
beres beres nih ceritanya?
We were watching He-man the other day!!
hahaha! didn't you have she-ra books also? i think i was in awe of those...
Post a Comment