May 17, 2005

Jetlag

My trip to homeland was great. I'm still processing it, trying to properly tell the stories of the people and places I saw. They are captivating. And my words always fall short however hard I try. But they deserve my best try. They really do.

So more on them later. For now, I'm glad to have gone and I'm glad to have returned. I think appreciation multiplies after some time away. This world is full of things to enjoy beyond the borders of your home. Sometimes it's taxing (19 hours on the plane, 95% humidity, not speaking the language, squat toilets - nuf said) but it's worth it.

Ahh... so worth it.




1 comment:

Sandra Vahtel said...

Well, I'm glad you're back, even though I didn't know you were gone (naughty, naughty...).

And -- I pass the music baton to YOU. Check my bloggy-blog for details.

:)