By now you should probably expect this of me. I walked out of my office to go to a meeting and I heard this melody in my head. Thank goodness for the internet or I'll be calling you to see if you knew the words to the song. Oh, subconsciousness, what are you trying to say to me this time?
Anyway.
The summer is definitely kicked off - a month too early but this is what happens in So Cal. I know it's summer because the beaches are packed, and the Venice ArtWalk happened. My friends at the Blue House hosted a their famous Screen on the Green party in which they project a movie onto the garage wall and have people strewn about the lawn. I seem to be pulled toward the beach a lot, and want to wear flip flops all the time. My weekends for the next 2 months are full. Already. People do a lot this time of year. Weddings, birthdays, beach outings, picnics, BBQs, pool shidigs, hiking trips, volleyball tourneys. It makes me really miss getting Summer Fridays (get off 6 Fridays in the summer - whichever Friday you want). Sigh.
Thinking about the busy season also reminds me I need one of those secluded weekend to spend with just God. Gotta go find me a mountaintop.
No comments:
Post a Comment