Jul 7, 2005

Adventures in Philly pt. 2

Anti-Boo Spray

Joe has two cats: Boo and Kitten. Priya and I are allergic to cats, though at the time we meet Boo and Kitten, we didn’t quite know how allergic. We were about to find out.

We shared the sofa bed and by 12.30 we were all retiring. 2am. I was still up because a. either Boo or Kitten would be ON me every 10 minutes and b. Priya was coughing and sneezing due to Boo and Kitten. But I’m le TIRED!! 3am. Priya and I snuck to the kitchen and bathroom scouring for some form of anti-histamine. None was to be found. Luckily, earlier in the day Priya had seen and asked Joe about a 409 spray bottle filled w/ water, marked as, you guessed it, “Anti-Boo Spray.” So she decided to take it to bed with us and spray Boo/Kitten anytime they come near us. HahaHH!! 4am. Spray! Haha! Giggles all around. At this point I couldn't even be angry anymore. It was too ridiculous. 4.30am. We dozed off finally. And up again in 3.5 hours.

I’m happy to report that the next two nights they were kept in the bathroom and we had anti-histamine. How I love cat-free sleep. As for the anti-boo spray – I will always remember it fondly as my salvation.

3 comments:

vanessa said...

hahaha...sounds like you had quite an adventure last weekend!! were you ever allergic to cat (holley's cat)?

Faetryn said...

hi v. no. i never had to sleep with cat jumping on me though, now, right?

Tim Hwang said...

i feel yo PAIN! i am also a bonafide enemy of cats and the allergens they emit into my nostrils, pores, and eyeballs! No BOOOOOOOO!

ps: still waitin' for the Target run.

:O)