Susan and I were in the car with James when we saw the Pride and Prejudice movie poster (the new one). Susan and I agreed on how uninterested we were in watching the new movie because there already is a perfect screen version of the book (the BBC mini series). Then James remarked that he hasn't seen or read P&P. This is, of course, met with enthusiasm: Oh then you HAVE TO READ/WATCH it. It should be required reading/watching for men.
So I thought of asking...
Men: If you can say to women what book/movie to read/watch in order for them to understand you better, what would the book/movie be?
To all the men who read my blog - there's at least 3 of you, I think - fire away.
And oh, ladies, feel free to chime in.
8 comments:
I believe I've read P & P, but I'm not sure. My question is, why are so many women fascinated by it? Isn't it just a revisitation of our desire to reform the emotionally aloof "bad boy" again? Apparently, they were struggling with the same issues back in the day as well! What do you think?
"Wild At Heart" by John Eldredge.
And "Office Space."
I finally just saw Office Space this past weekend.
I hope you're not alluding to the million dollar answer which his mulleted-neighbor gives.
M: hahah! no; just about everything else though.
m: donno why other women are fascinated by it - perhaps it is just as you said. but mine,.. 2 words.. colin firth. :)
Rudy, Glory, or Forrest Gump
Colin Firth. Interesting. He definitely got better looking - but from Shakespeare in Love and The English Patient - he merely got to play the jilted lover, which made him more bumbling than tough, aloof and sadly, to the plight of those of us who are attracted to such types - desirable.
Wasn't I the one that told you about that excellent BBC version? It's really classic...
We just printed P&P in a Literary Touchstone Edition, so if you want copy(ies), just LMK.
And a movie for women to understand men? Why is that even a question? The answer is undoubtedly THE GODFATHER.
-Calthaer
Post a Comment