Seeing this rekindles my love for GK Chesterton's writings.
On Love:
"Let your religion be less of a theory and more of a love affair. "
- D. Miller's book Searching for God Knows What is all about this. Everytime I hear this, it's a welcomed kick in the butt. I wonder how many people are missing out on this, how many are they who have never been told that God loves them. I take the knowledge for granted while millions of people never got to hear. I wonder how revolutionary it really is when it arrives at the hearts who have long thought God is powerful but distant, just but impersonal, good but not loving.
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all."
- Reminds me of Jesus saying: If you love someone who loves you back, how different are you from pagans? Ack. You know he's right.
"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people."
"When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?"
Haha..
2 comments:
I would say that my greatest joy and privilege here is getting to say to almost everyone I know (students, fellow teachers, guys I play soccer with) that God loves them. A lot. Because really, after everything that's happened here? They're in many ways not so sure and most often never really thought about God in that way.
And getting to say it? Helps me to enjoy that love more and more all the time!
you mean "football." get it right, shoemaker! ;)
ps: even in bahasa the words mean kick (the) ball.
Post a Comment