Jun 27, 2006

"My cancer"

I was having a crappy day. And then something like this blog came to my attention to put things into perspective. Heck, it's more than perspective. It's so alive. It stands for the power and beauty of real stories told in the first person - and in "real time" - and told honestly and told well. It's one of the best gifts we can give to others.

I love the title of it. "My cancer." It's so true: it's his, his enemy, his mortality. Yet it's not just his. It's his wife's. It's his family's.

I don't need to cite statistics because you already know how many people are affected by cancer. And do statistics really matter anyway if you're one of them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

c- i stumbled upon your blog via vcious. thanks for this link. it helped me a lot to understand what my mom is going through. hope you're well. take care. d