- My friend Pete got married this past weekend. I was actually dreading the trip I had to make (driving solo to another city and back in the same day). But when I saw him standing at the altar waiting for his bride to walk down the aisle, I've never seen him so handsome, so prepared, so content; all complaining that could've been - gone. The way he hugged me afterward made me so thankful to be invited and stoked to be there. Life is good. The wedding itself was of course beautiful and fun. They even had a boba station at the reception. Now that's inventive!
- Caught a trailer for "Brothers & Sisters" during the premiere of "Grey's Anatomy" - I was disappointed! (At Grey's too but that's for another point). It was totally different from the pilot I watched as if they re-shot the whole thing entirely (and apparently they did). I didn't end up seeing the show's premiere but a co-worker confirmed my fear when she said the pilot was 100x better. Did anyone catch the show? Did you like it?
- My friend came in from motherland this weekend. Although I've been lucky enough to see her once or twice a year whenever I take vacations, she's never seen me in my natural habitat: my house/neighborhood, my church, my friends, my fave spots. She's here to attend our friends' weddings and to see people, not to be a tourist, not to admire the sights/sounds. But still, I want her to like and enjoy what this town/country has to offer because I like it here. Although when I first visited LA I was less than impressed; disliked it even. So we'll see!
- Sorry that my posts have been lacking substance. Seems that all I can manage these days are random updates or thoughts that don't cohere. It's not that life has not been good or interesting. I just haven't had solid time to brew - you know what I mean? Well, one day soon, maybe, I'll have something good to say about something.
- For today, however, for that something, I respectfully refer you to a much more celebrated person who found profundity in shoes.
Sep 25, 2006
Good grief!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
not lacking substance at all! its your life and that is full of substance... one day, i may have to steal that boba idea...
what happened on grey's?? who did she pick!
So glad you made it cal -- was wonderful to see ya! - ph
Post a Comment