La la la:
Any opportunity to hear a live recording of one of your fave bands is a sweet one. Like I've said elsewhere, I heart NPR. And - for the record - I heart Over the Rhine.
In frequent play:
Goldfrapp, Ingrid Michaelson, Emiliana Torrini, Melody Gardot, Katie Herzig. Yes indeedy - they're all chicks. Hoorah!
Lost and found:
Dave Brubeck's Time Out, Wilco's Being There (double album). Stuff I love but hadn't heard in a while.
Just discovered:
The West Wing Season 6 - got onto it because I read this article from the BBC. And they are right. That season's portrayal of their candidates is eerily similar to the current US presidential campaign. I'm getting Season 7 to see who wins... and if indeed life imitates art.
Keeping me sane:
Days with AH at the postgrad student centre. We have our little corner, 2 desks, 2 chairs, a futon, 4 electrical plugs; our laptops, wireless. We buy each other coffee and blueberry muffins. We let the other person take naps on the futon. We watch stuff on YouTube and laugh. All is fine in this realm.
Special thanks to:
My friend MAR who is faithfully uploading Heroes Season 3 episodes to his FTP so that I can download and watch mere 2-3 days after they air in the US. (Australia still has not said when it will start airing here. "Soon" - what, can't give me a date?). And my friend CL2 for the prompt gift of music whenever I ask. God bless you both.
Making me laugh (and cringe):
Californication.
Tina Fey's Palin.
No comments:
Post a Comment