Dec 20, 2004

Three bullet points for this year

Stressed out. Dec. 20th. No shopping done. So much to do at work - can't get out early to do shopping. Ack. Suddenly I feel like college again - that pang of guilt and frustration at self for procrastinating. Why oh why are you so stupid, self?

At work our team had a nice breakfast outing to do our gift exchange - my wonderful supervisor got me Earlimart and Bright Eyes CDs - he knows me well! My boss asked us to describe the year. In true advertising fashion, my co-workers and I answered in 3 bullet points. Mine were: Crazy, fast, and unpredictable - but in a good way.

It occurred to me while thinking of my bullet points: it's much easier for me to pick out the disappointments of this year than the blessings. Let me not list them for you.

I'm trying to be more thankful. I realize there is not a shortage of things to be thankful for.



But let me get back to you on that.

No comments: