Dec 25, 2004

The True Story

A revolution of love and peace was born at a time of extreme violence, oppression, and poverty. That's Christmastime for you. Kind of puts this whole jingle-bell-santa-claus-happy holidays-christmas tree-blablabla thing to perspective. I've heard that all before but Rob Bell (Dec 12 and 19 links) did a gREaT job painting the context - when Caesar and Herod were rulers. And that's what it was: a revolution. You really can't make this stuff up - who would? I think I would make the Savior of the World have a little more glamour and less scandal (born of a virgin?!).

But God has His way. And the last word.

I'm still bummed that I'm not with my family this Christmastime. Look at me, I'm sitting in front of the computer, alone. But man oh man. When you really hear (you know, like, with your heart) the Christmas story and what it really means - JOY and HOPE fills me up beyond what time with loved ones can do. I guess that's what happens when God Himself invade the world, time and space; invade my heart and mind. I wish I can explain it better. Maybe I'll try again at a later time. But you really should just experience it yourself.

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone. Here's to Jesus' kind of revolution!!

No comments: