Sarah sent me this on Madeleine L'Engle.
Good, short read. I love her attitude. I hope Sarah and I can be that fabulous in our 80's. Except, we probably will be talking about Harry Potter and other silliness. Hope we also will still have our hearing then...
2 comments:
L'Engle's faith in God is much more like a brand of Universalism than Biblical Christianity.
Not that her books aren't highly entertaining, but let's face it - being an open-minded, free-thinking intellectual of some stripe (which Wrinkle and other books appear to indicate is her idea of "salvation" or "fighting for the light") isn't going to get anyone an audience with the Lord, because after all "...no one comes to the Father except through [Him]." I mean...atonement?
http://www.freechurch.org/finlayson/mans_destiny8.html
While i was looking for a house, I couldn't stop thinking about that evil planet from Wrinkle where all the houses looked the same and kids all came out of the house at the same time and bounced the ball 3x or whatever. So many McMansions all over the place.
Calthaer:
L'Engle's faith in God is much more like a brand of Universalism than Biblical Christianity.
Not that her books aren't highly entertaining, but let's face it - being an open-minded, free-thinking intellectual of some stripe (which Wrinkle and other books appear to indicate is her idea of "salvation" or "fighting for the light") isn't going to get anyone an audience with the Lord, because after all "...no one comes to the Father except through [Him]." I mean...atonement?
While i was looking for a house, I couldn't stop thinking about that evil planet from Wrinkle where all the houses looked the same and kids all came out of the house at the same time and bounced the ball 3x or whatever. So many McMansions all over the place.
Post a Comment