Apr 1, 2005

Great reminder

Easter was great. My lack of sleep the night before didn't really affect me, surprisingly enough. After church service I went to a brunch hosted by Grandizer and M at G's place. We ate yummy food - Mango is the best thing ever and Kelley's cupcakes were scrumptious - watched some extras on the Incredibles and played Tekken, then walked down to the beach and threw frisbee until Larry suddenly decided to build a sand sculpture so we just sat and watched him craft this arch.

Then at night, another impromptu evening with my (new) roommate Schroeder. At dinner she asked me what I'm passionate about. It's been a while since anyone asked me that.

I'm passionate about the uniqueness of Christ - summarized in the word grace. Christ is the only one who said the way to God is not one you can pave by good works or charity or just being a good person. Others say you do things and be a certain way to work your way up to his heart, earn his trust, be careful not to mess up. Jesus says, come home, and he will throw you a party. Okay I paraphrase majorly but this is the story.

Wow. It really is that simple.

The day reminded me of why I live. I live to take part in and witness God's love transform people like Larry, and me, and you, and our friends and loved ones. I live by faith in the Son of God who loves me and gave himself up for me.

My co-worker asked me why I was excited about Easter. It's because everyone was born, everyone dies, but not everyone rose again from the dead.

For more of Larry's stuff: http://sandhands.blogspot.com/ or http://imageoftheweek.blogspot.com

No comments: