Oct 11, 2005

not a tame lion, but good

ref: posting on the other children's book adaptation

calthaer - here you go. the wardrobe awaits you.

it definitely got me excited. yes, maybe it is a bit more excitement than HP because this is the first installment and boy have we waited a long time for it! let's go on opening weekend!

i never read the book as a child; the first time was sophomore year of college in the trains to and from my summer internship. so, what is it like, dear readers, reading the LWW or any of the chronicles as a kid -- and then again, as a 20-something-yr-old kid? :) please tell. what did you like about it, as a child or an adult? i wonder along with barbara: if jesus doesn't mean much to you, what does this story mean? because i know that i, like barbara, will be tearing up everytime aslan is on-screen.

ps: do you think they'll keep turkish delights in the movie? i heard american kids don't really get it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't understand Turkish Delights, either - they taste disgusting. Kind of like sawdust (at least the ones that Jeremy & Sam had that they got on their honeymoon).

Narnia played an integral role in my becoming a Christian as a young boy, I believe. It's tough for me to remember exactly what happened and when (I was like 7 at the time), but I distinctly recall understanding in a way I hadn't before just who Jesus was - because I could understand who Aslan was and what He had done.

reading it now brings me back to that place when i first discovered the glorious grace of the gospel.

i teared up when i saw the trailer; the movie is going to crazy.

-calthaer