So - to prove that I can still function without FB until Easter Sunday, I have links here! Some of these have been shared via Twitter. I also notice that the list consists of mostly music/listening, which should tell you something about my pastime of late.
- Heard a message by Rudy Carrasco & thought: yes, brother, preach it! Google him or listen to that message here (under Feb. 22nd). He talks about community, authenticity, and unity, but most powerful to me is his personal story. He works and lives in Pasadena, CA.
- Chills, I tell ya: Leonard Cohen live from the Beacon Theatre.
- Heard a stunning cover of U2's Running to Stand Still by Elbow. just so nice. (Turns out it's in an album of covers called War Child - Heroes v. 1).
- Checking out www.hulu.com because I got tired of Fox.com's video on demand lack of capabilities. (Yes, I'm trying to watch House).
- Also, chadl2 is trying to get me to use last.fm... I don't know if it's gonna work.
- Best silliest clip feat. U2, you might've seen it if you caught them on Dave Letterman on the day this was aired. If you didn't, it is so worth it.
- For all you Jesus followers and leaders of your faith community, you might be interested in a talk based on 1 Corinthians 3, titled "Rakes & Shovels," from Rockharbor (Costa Mesa, CA). Nothing new, but a great reminder and a worthwhile challenge about how we view the "Church" and ourselves.
- Amazon.com has a solid mp3 downloads section with one huge advantage over iTunes: no DRM - so if you buy it from Amazon you're not restricted to just 5 computers, or whatever iTunes says. And oh, one more: 256kbps mp3 format -- not 128kbps AAC.
No comments:
Post a Comment