Incident #1
Saw my friend Eric Bryant's tweet saying that he's about to read a book titled Sin Boldly. Catchy title, I thought. Then my friend Sandra tweeted back: I want to read that! Now, if - not one, but - two esteemed friends think a book is worthy, then I usually pay attention. But I didn't do anything until,... later in the day I went to Jeffrey Overstreet's blog and scrolled around to find a link to Cathleen Falsani's blog about U2's new album. I clicked. Aaaand yep, turns out, that's the writer of Sin Boldly. I chuckled.
Serendipity reminds me that the Spirit is alive and He can be cute.
Falsani's blog is fun to read as it is well-crafted. She writes super well in at least two styles, I've noticed. She is a journalist, so there is that clarity, coherence, and that distinct reporting style in her posts; but she is also a soulful artist, because some posts are just meditations, like a photo accompanied by someone else's poem. I appreciate how at ease she is with so many subjects. And c'mon, its title is "The Dude Abides: an existential crossing guard at the intersection of spirituality and pop culture" -- how can I not like this girl?
Incident #2
All these people I admire and like are on Twitter. As I'm adding them to my 'following' list, I keep running into this name: Andy Crouch. And then - I found another gem. Andy's blog (may I call you Andy?) aims to inspire by collating all these great exemplars of creativity found anywhere, in the form of anything. It is tremendously encouraging to see, not only these documentations of creativity, but the source of and motivation for this website. I'm sold.
Put it simply, I've found my kind of people, and it is a wonderful feeling. And by "my kind of people" I just mean - if we could meet in person, I think we might be friends or at least enjoy talking to one another over a long breakfast.
Anyway, check them out already.
No comments:
Post a Comment