get rid of extreme bad smell in car (read previous post)? please send any suggestions my way. in dire need. thanks. to all 4 of you who read this blog.
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
use carpet cleaner "Resolve" and a scrub brush on the carpets/floors/seats. lots of it. i had a similar situation once - driving my friend home from her 21st birthday party.... blech. i don't recommend masking the scent - then is just smells like mountain pine puke instead. or you could try febreeze? i've never used it - but my friends rave about it. --danielle
Yes! I'm a firm believer in Febreeze. Both times here in the band trailer in Baudette, MN, the smell in the rooms were less than pleasant. So I asked for two bottles of this good shtuff and after spraying for three consecutive days, the whole place smelled like a new house! Well, I'm exaggerating a little bit here. But ya, it's good shtuff. Get the orange-scented one.
That reminds me of a time I barfed in the back of my uncle's black Chevy Impala. We all had egg noodles for lunch before we took off for a trip. I'm really terrible when it comes to sitting in the back of cars. For that matter, I'm carsick, seasick, and airsick. Ya, SUCKS FOR ME! Well, anyway, about 2 minutes after we take off, my stomach is feeling really really queezy (sp?). I'm looking at the floor mats in the back and visualizing it as a big bowl. Before I even had the chance to roll down the slow ass electric window in the back seat, I lost my lunch. It was swishing around in the back seat and undulating like waves as the car made turns. My other cousin witnessed all this, and followed right after me. So we had a nice noodle barf-fest in the backseat.
calthaer: baking soda absorbs the odor but not the source. febreeze only hides it.
find out whatever it is and clean that or get rid of it. it's probably not mold if it's cold there; if the temperature is still warm and your carpet got really wet then just open the windows and let it dry / air out. that's really the best way for anything, really.
or steam clean or use some other upholstery cleaner.
3 comments:
use carpet cleaner "Resolve" and a scrub brush on the carpets/floors/seats. lots of it. i had a similar situation once - driving my friend home from her 21st birthday party.... blech. i don't recommend masking the scent - then is just smells like mountain pine puke instead. or you could try febreeze? i've never used it - but my friends rave about it.
--danielle
Yes! I'm a firm believer in Febreeze. Both times here in the band trailer in Baudette, MN, the smell in the rooms were less than pleasant. So I asked for two bottles of this good shtuff and after spraying for three consecutive days, the whole place smelled like a new house! Well, I'm exaggerating a little bit here. But ya, it's good shtuff. Get the orange-scented one.
That reminds me of a time I barfed in the back of my uncle's black Chevy Impala. We all had egg noodles for lunch before we took off for a trip. I'm really terrible when it comes to sitting in the back of cars. For that matter, I'm carsick, seasick, and airsick. Ya, SUCKS FOR ME! Well, anyway, about 2 minutes after we take off, my stomach is feeling really really queezy (sp?). I'm looking at the floor mats in the back and visualizing it as a big bowl. Before I even had the chance to roll down the slow ass electric window in the back seat, I lost my lunch. It was swishing around in the back seat and undulating like waves as the car made turns. My other cousin witnessed all this, and followed right after me. So we had a nice noodle barf-fest in the backseat.
I felt so bad for my uncle.
calthaer: baking soda absorbs the odor but not the source. febreeze only hides it.
find out whatever it is and clean that or get rid of it. it's probably not mold if it's cold there; if the temperature is still warm and your carpet got really wet then just open the windows and let it dry / air out. that's really the best way for anything, really.
or steam clean or use some other upholstery cleaner.
Post a Comment