I don't know how to revert to a normal update. This blog has become more like a random outpouring of what's inside my head (and heart too sometimes) to everyone and no one in particular. But I suppose some of you are actually friends of mine, who wonder what I've been up to.
Life feels like a neverending to do list. That's been my theme for the past months. It's awful as I realize that these are wonderful things but because I'm overwhelmed by the sheer number of tasks I fail to take joy in them. For instance, my roommate is getting married. Awesome. A wonderful person and a great friend is getting married to a wonderful man. Also, it's a little sad, as we've been roommates for 3.5 years - longer than I've ever had roommates before. But do I feel all that? Rarely. My mind is more like: "Hit grocery store, buy this for the bridal shower; 99cent store, get safety pins for game. Oh yeah, and research games online. Sunday, pick up bridesmaid dresses, make sure to coordinate with so and so. I should do laundry too. Call Jack back about meeting up with team sometime next.. oh can't do next week, packed. Maybe the next week... " and on and on.
So, all I'm saying, I need to do better at perceiving this as a FUN and BLESSED time - because I get to be involved in many great things (wedding, birthdays, ministry, friends' lives). Not that I'm not thankful. I am. Just not every minute of the day, and especially not when sitting in a jammed parking lot trying to get to the grocery store. :)
There I go again. That wasn't quite an update, was it? Sorry.
Had excellent Italian food last night with coworkers and vendors. It was fun! The food - I love when Chefs just bring out stuff that he thinks you'll enjoy. The wine - we sat at the upstairs private "room" surrounded by the wine storage. Yum. The atmosphere - dim lights, lots of candles, and the silverware was beautiful. The waiter - highly skilled and knowledgable - has an Italian accent (genuine, it seems. I hope, but you never know, in this town). And yes, ladies, he's nice to look at, too. The company - my co-workers are so much fun. We are all about the same age. We are starting to have our inside jokes and references (a lot of "you hadda be there" stuff), also (compromising) stories about one another.
Best of all: we didn't take out our wallets. O-yea. I do enjoy this part of my job.
No comments:
Post a Comment