Jul 6, 2006

Brother/Sister

My friends S and J interact like sister/brother. Older sister/younger brother to be exact. Proof is in an excerpt of their conversation from last night below.

S: What time is your flight?
J: Like 11 something. Oh yeah, hey - can I borrow the internet?
S: Finish your dinner.
J: Okay (and picks up another piece of chicken with his fork).
F: (laughing) Oh my gosh! I knew you guys had that kind of relationship but that was quintessential!
S: (smirks) Well, I am bossy but it's all in a caring way, right?
J: Yes.
S: Or maybe you should be more assertive.
J: Yes.

Speaking of brother and sister, ABC has a new show in the fall called "Brothers and Sisters." I got to see the pilot and enjoyed it a ton. It is about a family of 5 adult siblings - ages ranging from 20 something to late 30s (possibly) - occupations ranging from lawyer, family business, to a radio talk show host. It stars Rachel Griffiths, Calista Flockhart, Balthazar Getty, Ron Rifkin and more. The premise may sound boring or exhibit soap opera tendencies, but it is far from. Indeed I don't promote it as original by any means. But it's a well cast, well acted, well written show. Here's hoping the rest of the episodes deliver. And then there's the new Aaron Sorkin show on NBC. O yeah! Then perhaps I'll have a TV show (or 2) to follow again.

3 comments:

vanessa said...

haha...i totally know who you're talking about too, i could imagine the onversation in my head...funny!

vanessa said...

*conversation

ucla99 said...

yea, that conversation was way too funny.