I shared last time about living life to the fullest; specifically as an Angeleno but not exclusively. I found a few new things since then. For additional sweetness to your days, may I suggest:
- Ray LaMontagne's new song. "Can I Stay" is beautiful, simple, and expressive; Ray practically whispers through it, creating intimacy like I haven't heard in a long time. Can't wait to hear the album. And darnit, I have to miss his show in September.
- The City Bakery. Whoah. Tres delicieux. Good in fresh form and interesting subtle combinations. Semi-healthy too. Thank you, NYC, for sharing.
- The Counter. Create your own burger. Turkey? Veggie? Bacon? Sprouts? Tomato? Mushroom? Gruyere? Swiss? Provolone? Jalapeno Jack? Honey Wheat or White? Fantastic idea married with superb ingredients give birth to a great experience worth repeating. I recommend going with a bunch of fun people in order to maximize your bliss. :)
- Interpreter of Maladies, short stories by Jhumpa Lahiri. As I read story after story I began to get what the accolades mean about Ms. Lahiri's light, unassuming prose that strike you with core truths about people, displaced or otherwise. I especially enjoy and relate to the two worlds, Western and Eastern, that often collide, creating strange and beautiful tensions within and between people.
- Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Oh so much fun! I find it difficult to compare to the first movie because 2 is actually part 1 of 2, savvy? There is no real ending to it because you are supposed to watch movie #3! Well, yes, I’ve been suckered into it but not unwillingly. It’s different from the Matrix trilogy, thankfully. So just go see it if you haven’t already.
That's it for today. Anyone got anything for me?
2 comments:
I love The Counter. You can have them mix your shake flavors there, too. I think I had a strawberry banana last time. I miss you -- have time for brunch anytime soon?
the namesake, also by jhumpa lahiri. amazing how much it resonates...
white teeth by zadie smith, i think i'm all about the double triple cultural clash right now... i wonder if that means anything, hahaha!
capuccino at an italian cafe...
mozzarella, tomato, pesto with a little bit of prosciutto on ciabatta...
these activities were all ventured in philly
ss
Post a Comment