I thought instead of playing FreeCell I'd blog. We're technically babysitting, Ev, V, and I, but the kid has been asleep since we got here so tonight has been a productive evening of studying.
As I considered what to blog about (nothing too newsworthy since last time I posted) it occured to me that sitting here in almost silence with these two ladies is very natural and comfortable. This is an enjoyable stage in friendship. I mean, I have some good friends I don't see regularly so when a a meeting happens it's constant chatter and laughter, going from regular updates to sharing fears, like we haven't lost any time at all, reminding us how we love each other despite distance or frequency of correspondence. And then with these friends where meetings are much more feasible and regular, love and comfort manifest in a slightly different manner. It's detecting by her clicks that Ev is now playing Solitaire and not doing her work anymore. It's hearing V moan at her computer but knowing that we shouldn't distract her.
So I guess this turns out to be a brief reflection about and tribute to my friends, local and distant, who make life so fun and worth blogging about. :)
1 comment:
thanks for babysitting/studying with me and staying up past your bedtime...really appreciate it...am greatly blessed to have awesome friends too!
Post a Comment