Dec 1, 2006

The other foreigner in our house

My roommates and I haven't had any luck finding rabbit ears that fit our living room television i.e. we haven't really watched TV at home at all because we don't have cable, which isn't really all that devastating to be honest but sometimes we wonder if people would come over to watch, say, Grey's Anatomy or Heroes. Anyways, my roommate KK said she went to the store to look for some. She kept running into people who were not helpful and told her to buy this rabbit ear and that adaptor when she knew that it just wouldn't fit; she's tried. She finally talked to someone who listened to her carefully, asked her a few descriptions of our television set, and said, "Oh, your TV is European."

Excuse me? said I, to her. Yeah, she said, our TV is European. That's why normal ones won't fit.

Good grief.

2 comments:

Tim Hwang said...

Hahaha!

European tv huh? I can't think of any euro tv's off the top of my head.

Hmmmmm...

tatonkaride said...

I have a European TV as well (well, it's PAL compatible). I've had to have the cable or rabbit ears attached to my DVD/VCR, and then connect that to the TV via a video or S-video feed. On the upside, you can play DVD's from other regions... well if you have an international DVD player, which I have. Hmmm... maybe I'll go shopping for that Ally McBeal pack while I'm in Europe after all. ;-)